A consumer-friendly alternative to CareCredit
What to look for in a consumer financing partner partner
In 2020, as people spent more time at home, the rise in pet ownership came as no surprise. During the early months of the pandemic, millions took comfort in their pet companions and spent generously. From food and toys to critical treatments, the costs associated with providing the best possible care for a pet are constant, and for some, unexpected and urgent.
When confronted with an expense that would ensure a pet’s wellness, no owner should have to compromise or fear they can’t pay. That’s why we partnered with Wisetack, a consumer-friendly financing provider that integrates directly with SnoutID. For some, consumer financing is a nice way to spread payments over time. But for others, it is the only way that they can afford the necessary care for their pets.
In this blog, we’ll explain how consumer lending works, how we picked our preferred partner, and why offering flexible payment options at checkout will benefit both you and your clients.
Benefits to you and your clients
Here are some things to consider when working with a consumer financing partner:
- Ease of application - This can be a very stressful time for pet parents, and you want to ensure the application process is as quick and easy as possible.
- Approval rate - What is the minimum FICO score your type of financing partner will accept? Unfortunately, those who need financing the most are usually the least likely to get it. Look for a partner that is willing to take on a bit more risk than others so your clients can get the services they need.
- When do you receive funds and who’s taking the risk - Many financing options will pay you over time as the client makes payments (and only if they make payments). Others will pay you within several business days and handle the collection from clients, meaning you get paid whether or not the client pays.
- The cost to you - Most services charge a percentage of each transaction in exchange for managing the payment and taking on the risk should a client fail to pay.
- Integration with your checkout system - It can be very uncomfortable for a client to ask for payment options at checkout. Make it easier for them by presenting it along with your standard (card, cash, check) payment options. Having financing integrated with your checkout process also means fewer systems to tie out at the end of the day.
See how Wisetack compares to the industry giants on all of these fronts:
With SnoutID, clients can select to apply for Wisetack loans at checkout from the privacy of their own phone and see their options within seconds. All outstanding applications and loans are reflected in the SnoutID dashboard so you are kept in the loop.
Wisetack financing is available on any amount between $500 and $15,000. Clients will be given up to four payment plans, depending on the dollar amount that they applied for. It’s important for your clients to know that simply applying does not impact their credit score, as it’s a soft credit pull. And, you get paid in full while the client settles with Wisetack over time.
All loans are subject to credit approval. Customer terms may vary. Wisetack loans are issued by Hatch Bank. See wisetack.com/faqs.
The SnoutID Solution
Focus on pets, and SnoutID will make sure you get paid.
SnoutID is a technology company based in San Francisco exclusively serving veterinary practices and hospitals with tools to provide wellness, insurance, and financing options. Trusted by 65,000+ pet owners, SnoutID supports veterinarians and their care teams with the modern tools they need to continue providing essential services.
Reach out to our team today and let’s discuss how we can offer more options that result in healthier pets and happier clients. To learn more about, visit our website snoutid.com and book a demo.